SIMATIC S7 general

Simatic Configurator from Mall is broken

Thread Starter: anatoli   Started: 1/8/2008 4:24 PM   Replies: 3

« Previous thread Next thread »
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  1/8/2008, 4:24 PM
Joined 3/21/2006
Rating:
Rated: Excellent [5 out of 5 / rated 3 time(s)]. (3) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Seems like SIMATIC Configurator available from https://mall.automation.siemens.com/WW/guest/index.asp?aktPrim=0&aktTab=5&lang=en&nodeID=1000000 is broken. The one that is named " SIMATIC Selection Tool". Can anybody confirm the same?

Perhaps it is not strictly related to this forum and looks like a web issue, but because it is SIMATIC configurator I thought it will suit here. The problem seems to be caused by missing files:
https://mall.automation.siemens.com/guest/extConfig/ipc/ipc/SIMATIC_Configurator/data/konfiguratorDaten_null.jar
https://mall.automation.siemens.com/guest/extConfig/ipc/ipc/SIMATIC_Configurator/data/konfiguratorHelp_null.jar

1/8/2008, 9:38 PM
Joined 1/7/2006
Rating:
Rated: Excellent [4.07 out of 5 / rated 257 time(s)]. (257) 
Users with special expertise supervising conferences
Hi,

The required Java Runtime Environment is installed. (Your version is: 1.6.0_03)
Is the message that I get when I try to open the link...
It automatically installed the needed Java version and after that it opens the configurator....

You could also download the ET 200 Configurator from the Applications & Tools page.

I hope that the answer will help, if you have still questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

All the best, Late
Never say never, think in solutions, not in trouble......
  1/9/2008, 8:30 AM
Joined 3/21/2006
Rating:
Rated: Excellent [5 out of 5 / rated 3 time(s)]. (3) 
Maybe your browser cached the configurator long ago? When I open the link and then try Simatic configurator the following message is displayed after a while regardless of browser (tested FF, Opera, IE6).

Checking your Java Runtime Environment
No Java Runtime Environment could be detected on your system. Either no Java Runtime Environment is installed or it could not be detected correctly.

However, the official Sun java detection page tells me that "You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 3)."  I set security of IE to lowest level possible with no result.

Then I've downloaded konfigurator.jnlp manually as well as all files mentioned inside, except those konfiguratorDaten_null.jar and konfiguratorHelp_null.jar, because they are not found in corresponding locations. Then I try to execute konfigurator.jnlp Java loads all files and fails with error that it was unable to find those "null" jars.

I am using international guest catalog.
  1/9/2008, 10:03 PM
Joined 1/7/2006
Rating:
Rated: Excellent [4.07 out of 5 / rated 257 time(s)]. (257) 
Users with special expertise supervising conferences
Hi,

I'm using IE7 and my cache is empty (cleared when I logged out).

Have you downloaded the link ?

I hope that the answer will help, if you have still questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

All the best, Late
Never say never, think in solutions, not in trouble......
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Actions