Technical Forum

Communication / Networks

REDUNDANCY SOFTWARE ON PROFINET

Thread Starter: jaumesalvans   Started: 7/11/2013 8:39 PM   Replies: 7

« Previous thread Next thread »
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  7/11/2013, 8:39 PM
Joined 2/6/2011
Last visit: 7/19/2014
Posts: 6
Rating:
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Hello dear, I have a question:
Is it possible redundancy software profinet?
dispponibles materials:
2 CPU 6ES7 315 ​​2EH14 2 PN / DP
2 IM 153 2BA02 (the two share the same modules IM DI / DO)
Connection between the two CPU in ETHERNET
Connection via Profibus DP slave (Profibus between the two networks are independent CPU and IM)
CPU "A" to IM 153 "A"
CPU "B" to IM 153 "B"
Top
Thank you for this post from:
  7/11/2013, 9:16 PM
Joined 3/18/2008
Last visit: 8/19/2014
Posts: 554
Rating:
Rated: Excellent [4.02 out of 5 / rated 82 time(s)]. (82) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Great question. 
I also have to look out into this type of solution.
Let me study & revert back to you.

THANKS & REGARDS,

Solution is always available for all Problems.
The thing is to Work hard On it.
I Hope this is the best solution for your problem.
Please Give Feed back if you are happy with My Answer.
Top
  7/12/2013, 2:55 AM
Joined 5/28/2008
Last visit: 8/21/2014
Posts: 3274
Rating:
Rated: Outstanding [3.71 out of 5 / rated 592 time(s)]. (592) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
jaumesalvans wrote:
Hello dear, I have a question:
Is it possible redundancy software profinet?
dispponibles materials:
2 CPU 6ES7 315 ​​2EH14 2 PN / DP
2 IM 153 2BA02 (the two share the same modules IM DI / DO)
Connection between the two CPU in ETHERNET
Connection via Profibus DP slave (Profibus between the two networks are independent CPU and IM)
CPU "A" to IM 153 "A"
CPU "B" to IM 153 "B"
Hello,
I am sorry it is not possible.
There is no RED-Bundle based on Profinet.

Ayman Elotaify
MISC Egypt
www.miscegypt.com
Top
  7/12/2013, 3:25 AM
Joined 8/10/2011
Last visit: 8/18/2014
Posts: 123
Rating:
Rated: Excellent [5 out of 5 / rated 3 time(s)]. (3) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
jaumesalvans wrote:
Hello dear, I have a question:
Is it possible redundancy software profinet?
dispponibles materials:
2 CPU 6ES7 315 ​​2EH14 2 PN / DP
2 IM 153 2BA02 (the two share the same modules IM DI / DO)
Connection between the two CPU in ETHERNET
Connection via Profibus DP slave (Profibus between the two networks are independent CPU and IM)
CPU "A" to IM 153 "A"
CPU "B" to IM 153 "B"

Hello. 

In workshop, i heard about MRP ( Media Redundancy Protocol ) on Profinet Controller. i have seen Demo with 400 CPU with 2 PN port on MRP. Please check MRP on siemens website if i understand you question correctly. 

Bgrds,
Top
  7/12/2013, 3:49 AM
Joined 2/6/2011
Last visit: 7/19/2014
Posts: 6
Rating:
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Hi
for redundancy and to synchronize the two CPUs, you must change the 315 2 PN / DP for the 315 2 DP?

Or there exists another configuration or module for redundancy?

THANKS & REGARDS



=== Edited by jaumesalvans @ 7/12/2013 4:05 AM [GMT ] ===


Top
  7/12/2013, 9:02 AM
Joined 5/28/2008
Last visit: 8/21/2014
Posts: 3274
Rating:
Rated: Outstanding [3.71 out of 5 / rated 592 time(s)]. (592) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
jaumesalvans wrote:
Hi
for redundancy and to synchronize the two CPUs, you must change the 315 2 PN / DP for the 315 2 DP?

Or there exists another configuration or module for redundancy?

THANKS & REGARDS
Dear jaumesalvans,
I can not agree.
Both CPUs are ok with SW redundancy
Please check this FAQ:
Hope this helps.

Ayman Elotaify
MISC Egypt
www.miscegypt.com
Top
  7/12/2013, 2:56 PM
Joined 2/6/2011
Last visit: 7/19/2014
Posts: 6
Rating:
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
thanks for the info, 
but I have a question with respect to the programming of the blocks.
In block FC 101, asks the MPI address of the caller, but with the CPU 315 2 PN / DP I have two Ethernet ports and MPI port or DP, the latter port is in the Connect DP slaves with IM 153-2.
How do the synchronization if there is no MPI port?.



in advance thank you

regards
Top
  7/12/2013, 4:43 PM
Joined 5/28/2008
Last visit: 8/21/2014
Posts: 3274
Rating:
Rated: Outstanding [3.71 out of 5 / rated 592 time(s)]. (592) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
jaumesalvans wrote:
thanks for the info, 
but I have a question with respect to the programming of the blocks.
In block FC 101, asks the MPI address of the caller, but with the CPU 315 2 PN / DP I have two Ethernet ports and MPI port or DP, the latter port is in the Connect DP slaves with IM 153-2.
How do the synchronization if there is no MPI port?.



in advance thank you

regards
Dear jaumesalvans,
Interconnection between two CPUs can be implemented via MPI, DP or Ethernet.

Manual wrote:
Block packages for S7-300



 Select the package...    for this network...    and for this connection type...    Remark  
 XSEND_300    MPI    Non-configured connection    Network connection to the MPI interface of the CPU  
 AG_SEND_300    PROFIBUS    FDL connection    Network connection via CP 342-5  
 Industrial Ethernet    ISO connection    Network connection via CP 345-1  

In this manual, you will found examples for SW redundancy:



=== Edited by Ayman Elotaify @ 7/12/2013 4:44 PM [GMT ] ===



Ayman Elotaify
MISC Egypt
www.miscegypt.com
Top
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Actions