1) The HydroRanger will directly output a differential reading by selecting the appropriate code for a
parameter, as Toppie states.
2a) The HydroRanger has native Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII communications on either RS-232 or RS-485. You do not need a SmartLinx card for Modbus.
INSTRUCTION MANUAL, 7ML19981FC05 HydroRanger 200, Page 5:
- RS-232 running Modbus RTU and ASCII via RJ-11 connector
- RS-485 running Modbus RTU and ASCII via terminal blocks
2b) >AB platform and by using Prosoft module
What protocol does the Prosoft module run? Modbus? Profibus DP? DeviceNet? Remote I/O?
2c) >how many Hyroranger can be connected by using smartlinx?
Ans: Can't answer that without knowing which protocol the Smartlinx talks? The Smartlinx setup will tell how many slave node addresses are available.
If you are not using Smartlinx, but are using the native serial ports in the HydroRanger 200, then
- RS-232 is point-to-point, so only one Modbus slave (one HydroRanger) is supported.
- RS-485 is multidrop. The P771 parameter can take a value up to 9999. Most RS-485 networks get pretty fussy with more than 16 devices. For Modbus RTU over RS-485 the answer is empirical, depending on the robustness of your wired network and the throughput level that you can tolerate.
3) >how many transducer can be connected in a hydroranger?
4) >samples for getting the data.
Depends on which protocol you use. For Modbus, the Prosoft module is the Modbus master; the
HydroRanger is the Modbus slave. The HydroRanger is silent unless spoken to, it is passive. It is up to the Modbus master to fetch data, or to write data. So the "sample for getting data" is the responsibility of the Modbus master, not the slave.
Prosoft has a good reputation for supplying examples. You need to consult the Prosoft manual
The Hydro's Modbus slave table starts on page 95 of the HydroRanger 200 manual.
The word format is a signed long integer, 8 bytes (two Modbus registers), ranging in value from -20000 to +20000.
Thanks for the reply.
1.I need to measure diffrential level for Rake control
2.I'm using Smartlinx.
3. In AB platform and by using Prosoft module- Protocol is Profibus.
4.If i using this for Rake control with differential control
If i give the following parameter setting where can i get the data while using smartlinx.
Parameter Index Valve Description
P001 G 4 Operation-Differential
P002 G 1 Material- Liquid
P004 1,2 102 Transducer-xps-10
In Which Point of smartlinx i can get the data?
How many hydroranger can be connected with one smartlinx?
How many transducer can be connected with one hydroranger?