SIMATIC S5 / STEP 5

Problem with Interbus Network

Thread Starter: ery85   Started: 8/28/2013 11:37 AM   Replies: 2

« Previous thread Next thread »
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  8/28/2013, 11:37 AM
Joined 8/18/2011
Rating:
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Dear Expert,

I have face a problem with an Interbus Network.
There have 4 Interbus station in the network. The 1st station is Lenze Drive, 2nd station is Proface HMI, the 3rd is Phoenix Contact Remote Terminal 16I/16O and 4th is Encoder (which is connected to Phoenix Contact CBK Bus Terminal).

Every time I turn on the S5 PLC (CPU 945 115U), the Interbus Controller card IBS S5 DCB/I-T will display no "4". At the same time, the RD LED at the Station no 3 -  Phoenix Contact RT  will lit in RED. From the manual, I found that the RD LED indicates that the outgoing remote bus has been disabled. Furthermore, the BA LED (Interbus transmission Active) for all devices at every station is OFF.So, I suspect that the problem is come from the encoder (which is attacted at station no 4).

Then, I replace the existing encoder with our testing Interbus encoder (but in different type). In my connection, I directly connect the interbus cable from station no 3( Phoenix Contact RT Output port) to the new encoder.
The result is, when I turn on the PLC, the Interbus Controller card IBS S5 DCB/I-T still display no "4" . The RD LED is OFF/eliminate at station no 3. The BA LED (Interbus transmission Active) for all devices at every station is still OFF(maybe need to do some configuration in Interbus Controller Board/PLC for the new encoder in term of ID Code and Data length). 

This result increase my confident level to say that the problem is due to the existing encoder problem.

Can anyone consult me what to do next in order to PROVE that the problem is come from the existing encoder?
Can anyone teach me how to make a configuration(in term of ID CODE and Data Length assignation for the new encoder installed (either In the IBS SWT G3(by Phoenix Contact) software or Siemens S5 PLC program??

Best Regards,

Hairil

8/29/2013, 1:13 PM
Joined 4/27/2009
Rating:
Rated: Good [1 out of 5 / rated 1 time(s)]. (1) 
Dear Friend

What is the  Adress Switch setting on the the interbus  Control  card ?
Normally with switch settong 9120 the Interbus will show  no of  connected modules In your case It seems 4, displayed is correct. (connected modules) not faulty module no.
Now you check further LED status on interbus card .
RB
LB
MOD
RUN.
Rdy.
LEDs  will give you what type of  fault you have (with remote bus or Local Bus. )
  8/30/2013, 4:26 AM
Joined 8/18/2011
Rating:
Dear friend,

The address switch setting on the Interbus controller board is 1069.
For the LEDs status, only Ready  and RB (remote bus) in turn ON.

Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Actions