SIMODRIVE Converter system

S7-1200 & Profibus-DP encoder

Thread Starter: Nikzitronik   Started: 4/30/2012 2:38 PM   Replies: 5

« Previous thread Next thread »
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  4/30/2012, 2:38 PM
Joined 3/5/2010
Rating:
Rated: Excellent [4.75 out of 5 / rated 4 time(s)]. (4) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
In my S7-1200 application I have to use a Profibus-DP encoder, specificaly 6FX2001-5FP12. It is the first time I use this item so please bare with me.

I downloaded the GSD file, added the encoder to my network configuration and then I am looking into the different type of telegrams.
I read the manual for the encoder and i understand that the telegram to be chosen depends on the functionality the user requires. As my applications is a single turn application I intend to use "Singleturn Version 2.2". When I select that telegram, Step7 V11 assigns addresses for the fetched data, but what I do not understand is how do I know what data is in which address.

i.e. I choose "Singleturn Version 2.2" telegram which occupies two slots.
Slot 1: Inputs 68-71 & Outputs 64-67
Slot 2: Inputs 72-73

Where can I find a description of what data is available in the above addresses.

One more question I have is how "Device specific parameters work"?
Do I need to write acyclic code that reads and writes the parameters?

Regards
  4/30/2012, 4:16 PM
Joined 7/7/2010
Rating:
Rated: Excellent [4.02 out of 5 / rated 380 time(s)]. (380) 

Nikzitronik wrote:
In my S7-1200 application I have to use a Profibus-DP encoder, specificaly 6FX2001-5FP12. It is the first time I use this item so please bare with me.

I downloaded the GSD file, added the encoder to my network configuration and then I am looking into the different type of telegrams.
I read the manual for the encoder and i understand that the telegram to be chosen depends on the functionality the user requires. As my applications is a single turn application I intend to use "Singleturn Version 2.2". When I select that telegram, Step7 V11 assigns addresses for the fetched data, but what I do not understand is how do I know what data is in which address.

i.e. I choose "Singleturn Version 2.2" telegram which occupies two slots.
Slot 1: Inputs 68-71 & Outputs 64-67
Slot 2: Inputs 72-73

Where can I find a description of what data is available in the above addresses.

One more question I have is how "Device specific parameters work"?
Do I need to write acyclic code that reads and writes the parameters?

Regards

1. Where do you find the data defining the infromation?  I googled "singeturn version 2.2 gsd" and found a link to a pdf that may be helpful:
https://www.automation.siemens.com/doconweb/pdf/SINUMERIK_SINAMICS_04_2010_E/BHA.pdf?HTTPS=REDIR&p=1 section 3.2
wrote:

Position value (32-bit input) ID68
Preset value/teach-in (32-bit output) QD64
Velocity (16-bit input) IW72

2. Device specific parameters :

wrote:
Direction of rotation
Gearbox factor
Reduced diagnostics
Limit switch
Units of the velocity output
Preset function
Commissioning mode
Velocity output

The manuals says there is a "user friendly configuration tool"!!  I suggest you check with your local Siemens applications engineering folks to get your hands on that.

3. If you want to read/write acyclic parameters after the device is configured and working, yes, you will need to write the plc logic to handle read/write from/to the device.  Maybe you are really asking about the user friendly configuration tool mentioned in the manual?

Helpful? Rate it.
Solved? Post it.
http://geo.co/s/EyRK
  4/30/2012, 5:22 PM
Joined 3/5/2010
Rating:
I have alread read the manual you quote.
Thanks for the tip regarding the addressing.

Regarding the parameter assignment, I also noticed the reference to the "user friendly software".
If you check page 36 or 38 of the manual you quoted, you can see that you can set these parameters in Step7 hardware configurator. What is this all about? Is it posible to set the encoder parameters through Step 7?
  4/30/2012, 5:33 PM
Joined 7/7/2010
Rating:
Rated: Excellent [4.02 out of 5 / rated 380 time(s)]. (380) 
Nikzitronik wrote:
I have alread read the manual you quote.
Thanks for the tip regarding the addressing.

Regarding the parameter assignment, I also noticed the reference to the "user friendly software".
If you check page 36 or 38 of the manual you quoted, you can see that you can set these parameters in Step7 hardware configurator. What is this all about? Is it posible to set the encoder parameters through Step 7?

I think you can configure the device using Step 7.  If you have Step 7 available, give it a shot and then you only need to use the cyclic communications to read the encoder data automatically. 

Otherwise, you will need to construct the configuration packets manually in portal.  ACK! That would not be a fun day.

Now I will get back to constructing S7 packets Rnf:lblSmileyTooltip_

Helpful? Rate it.
Solved? Post it.
http://geo.co/s/EyRK
  4/30/2012, 6:29 PM
Joined 3/5/2010
Rating:
As soon as I get my hardware delivered I will setup an example and post it in the forum.

Thanx
  5/13/2012, 8:14 PM
Joined 3/5/2010
Rating:
I got my hardware on the bench an have been testing the system with great success.

First of all, for the device specific parameters there is no need for additional software. The only thing the user has to do is set the desired parameters, and when the hardware configuration is downloaded, the encoder adopts these setting.

Regarding the addressing, as mentioned in a previous post,
Position value is located in ID68
Preset value/teach-in is located in QD64
Velocity is located in IW72

But in ID68 you cannot get the value straight away as the double word contains status bits.
Bits 0 to 23 contain the position value bit 24 is reserved, bits 25 to 28 are status bits and bits 29 to 31 are reserved. In case of a single turn encoder, the position value is only a 16bit value where the user can access in IW70.
If one does not have a demanding applicantion and only interested in the position value, then the class 2 telegram works fine.

Moreover if one wishes to use the scaling function, eg. scale the 4096 steps to 0-360 degrees
then in the
device specific parameters "Desired measuring units = 360" AND "total measuring range = 360". If the later is set to a different value, then the plc fails to go into RUN mode.

If there is more questions or if you wish me to test something please feel free to ask it.

Regards
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Actions