Technical Forum

SIMATIC S7-300 / S7-300F

SM331/332 technical data

Thread Starter: Dragonarsty   Started: 3/19/2012 3:49 AM   Replies: 4

« Previous thread Next thread »
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  3/19/2012, 3:49 AM
Joined 5/6/2008
Last visit: 10/10/2014
Posts: 44
Rating:
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
dear all:
Please see the Manual of <SIMATIC S7-300 S7-300 Automation System Module Data>,at the following link.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/CN/view/en/8859629

I have two question:

1.Page373  It is technical data about 6ES7331-7PF01-0AB0,the max input cable length is 200m, what is the range of  the diameter for the conductor?

2.Page434,  It is technical data about 6ES7332-5HF00-0AB0,the load impedance for current outpout is max. 600 Ω at CMV  <  1 V. Why is it limitted the CMV(between S- and MANA  )<1V? What can i do,if the CMV>1V?
Top
  3/19/2012, 6:47 AM
Joined 5/28/2008
Last visit: 11/20/2014
Posts: 3281
Rating:
Rated: Outstanding [3.71 out of 5 / rated 596 time(s)]. (596) 
Users with special expertise supervising conferences
Rated: Excellent [5 out of 5 / rated 1 time(s)]. (1) 
Dragonarsty wrote:

dear all:
Please see the Manual of <SIMATIC S7-300 S7-300 Automation System Module Data>,at the following link.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/CN/view/en/8859629

I have two question:
1.Page373  It is technical data about 6ES7331-7PF01-0AB0,the max input cable length is 200m, what is the range of  the diameter for the conductor?

Hello,
As Darius replied for this subject, it's related to current. For analog channels, 0.5 mm2 is fine. Do not use too small wire sizes in order not top trigger wire break message. see page 286 of module data.

Dragonarsty wrote:


2.Page434,  It is technical data about 6ES7332-5HF00-0AB0,the load impedance for current outpout is max. 600 Ω at CMV  <  1 V. Why is it limitted the CMV(between S- and MANA  )<1V? What can i do,if the CMV>1V?
"CMV" is the Common Mode Voltage which is The voltage common to all terminals of a group, measured between this group and any reference point (usually ground potential.)
You should keep CMV within permissible limits. if not you will have a diagnostic message of Common mode error
The cause of this message is: Potential difference CMV between inputs M and the reference potential of measuring circuit (MANA out of limits).
To remedy: Connect M- with MANA
Hope this helps.

Attachment: wirebreak.JPG  (14 Downloads)

Ayman Elotaify
MISC Egypt
www.miscegypt.com

Top
Thank you for this post from:
  3/19/2012, 9:34 AM
Joined 5/6/2008
Last visit: 10/10/2014
Posts: 44
Rating:
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Dear Ayman Elotaify:

The second question is about the technical data of SM332-5FH00-0AB0,it is AO module.If the CMV>1V,can i connect S- and Mana?
Thanks!
Top
  3/19/2012, 11:47 AM
Joined 5/28/2008
Last visit: 11/20/2014
Posts: 3281
Rating:
Rated: Outstanding [3.71 out of 5 / rated 596 time(s)]. (596) 
Users with special expertise supervising conferences
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Dragonarsty wrote:
Dear Ayman Elotaify:

The second question is about the technical data of SM332-5FH00-0AB0,it is AO module.If the CMV>1V,can i connect S- and Mana?
Thanks!
Hello,
What do you mean by S-?
Please check that M & Mana as per attached picture
So you may need to connect pins 6 , 10 , 14 , 18 , 26 , 30 , 34 , 38 together with Pin 20
Hope this helps.

Attachment: AO.JPG  (15 Downloads)

Ayman Elotaify
MISC Egypt
www.miscegypt.com

Top
  3/21/2012, 3:38 AM
Joined 5/6/2008
Last visit: 10/10/2014
Posts: 44
Rating:
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 
Rated: no ratings [0 out of 5 / rated 0 time(s)]. (0) 

Dear Ayman Elotaify:

Thank you for your reply!

Please see page433 of the manual, the CMV is between S- and Mana.So i think for current ouputs is also.
Follow your advice,the CMV for current ouputs is between M and Mana.
I think the load impedance for current output is 500Ω no relationship with CMV. If the CMV<1V, load impedance can be max 600Ω. I can connect M with Mana to limite the CMV<1V for max.600Ω.

Top
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Actions