Proceed as follows:
1. When updating the operating system with reset to factory state only:
Switch off power to the HMI device.
2. On the configuration PC, select the "Communication settings" command in the menu
"Project > Transfer" in WinCC flexible.
The "Communication Settings" dialog opens.
3. Select the type of HMI device.
4. Select the type of connection between the HMI device and the configuration PC, then set
the connection parameters.
5. Close the dialog box with "OK".
6. Select the "OS Update" command from the "Project > Transfer" menu in WinCC flexible.
7. Select update the operating system with restoring the factory state by setting the "Reset to factory settings" check box
8. Select the HMI device image file "*.img" under "Image path".
The HMI device image files are available under "WinCC flexible Images" in the
WinCC flexible installation folder or on the WinCC flexible installation CD.
The output area provides information on the version of the successfully opened HMI device image file.
9. In WinCC flexible, select "Update OS" on the configuration PC to run the operating system update.
10. When updating with reset to the factory state only:
Switch on the power supply to the HMI device.
12. Follow the instructions in WinCC flexible.
A progress bar indicates the progress of the operating system update.