You can capture the current values being monitored in an online CPU to become the start
values for a global DB.
● You must have an online connection to the CPU.
● The CPU must be in RUN mode.
● You must have opened the DB in STEP 7.
Use the "Show a snapshot of the monitored values" button to capture the current
values of the selected tags in the DB. You can then copy these values into the "Start
value" column of the DB.
1. In the DB editor, click the "Monitor all tags" button. The "Monitor value" column displays
the current data values.
2. Click the "Show a snapshot of the monitored values" button to display the current values
in the "Snapshot" column.
3. Click the "Monitor all" button to stop monitoring the data in the CPU.
4. Copy a value in the "Snapshot" column for a tag.
–Select a value to be copied.
–Right-click the selected value to display the context menu.
–Select the "Copy" command.
5. Paste the copied value into the corresponding "Start value" column for the tag. (Rightclick
the cell and select "Paste" from the context menu.)
6. Save the project to configure the copied values as the new start values for the DB.
7. Compile and download the DB to the CPU. The DB uses the new start values after the
CPU goes to RUN mode.
The values that are shown in the "Monitor value" column are always copied from the
CPU. STEP 7 does not check whether all values come from the same scan cycle of the